The Executive Recruiter helps to manage and advise internal clients through regular updates, providing them with market feedback and insight into candidates’ motivations, strengths and development needs. McKesson expects Executive Recruiters to acquire deep and insightful candidate pool knowledge over time.
The right candidates for the Executive Recruiter role will bring strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, excellent communication, in-depth experience in competency-based interview and assessment techniques, as well as advisory skills to the role. They must also possess exemplary project management skills, an ability to execute in a fast-paced environment, a customer-service orientation and team mentality, as well as professional presence and polish. The Executive Recruiter will utilize a consultative approach with internal hiring teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the start-up phase of each search by conducting intake meetings with the internal client and assisting in the development of the position specification, search strategy and target list of companies.
- Gather relevant information regarding the appropriate industries and target companies. Identify prospects and sources.
Represent McKesson and our internal client effectively in the marketplace, discussing the opportunity with relevant executives.
- Validate potential candidates through reference and source calls.
- Develop and present a diverse slate of qualified candidates to each internal client. Anticipate what needs to drive the search to closure and be prepared to supply additional information, such as related industry trends, market findings, reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc., gained during the search process.
- Contribute to the preparation of position specifications, candidate presentations, and reference reports, adhering to the firm’s assessment methodology.
- Communicate effectively with the Hiring Manager and Executive Assistant to remain fully abreast of search developments in order to communicate accurately and credibly throughout the search.
- Prepare organized information, such as progress reports, for the Hiring Manager. Provide an informed perspective on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria.
- Be aware of activities and management changes in the general business environment and incorporate communications specifically; keep team members apprised of relevant developments in the marketplace.
- Add to McKesson’s candidate pool expertise by continually identifying and introducing new talent to the company.
- 10+ years recruiting experience
- Minimum five years of business experience in executive search or a corporate recruiting role with 3+ years’ experience filling executive-level positions required.
- Experience working in a role within a high-performance environment where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm.
- Academic credentials: A four-year undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not required.
- Executive interaction: Demonstrated ability to partner and interact with C-suite executives to identify staffing needs, develop talent attraction strategies to effectively recruit senior leaders for current and future openings. Developed key relationships with high-caliber candidates for talent pipeline.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience
- Business transformation experience preferred.
Global (multi-cultural) experience strongly preferred
- Project management: Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders. Ensure the scope, direction and timing of each project.
- Diversified experience in other HR leadership roles or other areas of the business preferred
- Previous people leadership; Managed full-cycle recruiting process using best practices to improve the internal recruiting process and function (reduced cost-to-hire, time-to-fill, turnover).
- Budget ownership: Ensure that
all projects are delivered within budget and adhere to service level agreements (SLAs).
Industry knowledge/familiarity: Exposure to the healthcare services or the distribution of medical supplies would be a plus.
- 4-year degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent experience