As a member of the HR Center of Expertise, the D&I Program Manager, ERGs and Talent Attraction will support the advancement of BAE Systems’ diversity and inclusion strategy by managing BAE Systems’ enterprise-wide employee resource groups.
Reporting to the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, this role will manage one direct report and will be responsible for further evolving the Company’s ERG strategy, including supporting the alignment of ERG strategy to broader D&I and employee engagement efforts, and increasing ERG maturity to deliver value to the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aligning ERG strategy and programming to broader D&I and engagement efforts to attract, retain, and develop talent and advance an inclusive workplace
- Managing key components of ERG strategy and development, including:
- Leader selection, appointment, and on-boarding/training
- Planning and execution of annual ERG Conference
- Development of ERG performance metrics and dashboard
- Support the formation of new ERGs and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Developing, implementing and refreshing ERG policies, toolkits, guidelines, and templates
- Providing effective guidance and coaching to ERGs and their leadership teams, ensuring alignment and integration of ERG strategic plans, budgets, and programming to support the advancement of BAE Systems’ diversity and inclusion objectives
- Applying effective benchmarks (best practices) and metrics for measuring the impact of our programs, including developing and deploying annual ERG impact survey
- Keeping current on ERG best practices, updates, and trends by representing BAE Systems on national and regional external best-practice forums and groups relating to ERG development and strategy
- Manage, coach and develop D&I Advisor, Communications on the development of ERG communications strategy and plan and work with applicable ERG leadership to ensure consistent execution
Additional responsibilities include reconciling ERG membership records and expenses, preparing and delivering executive-level briefings, and supporting ad-hoc data requests from the business and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of related working experience or equivalent work experience, including demonstrated experience working with employee/business resource groups, employee networks, affinity groups, and/or diversity councils
- 5+ years managing project/program teams within cross-functional or large organizations
- Demonstrated experience in Diversity and Inclusion with some experience in inclusion strategies for women, people of color, and LGBTQ employees
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and teams across BAE Systems to ensure ERG strategy and objectives are aligned with existing and future efforts (i.e., ERG Heritage Month Campaigns, national and local activities, collaboration with local D&I councils and committees)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively persuade, influence, and negotiate, as appropriate; clarity, tact, professionalism and consensus building skills – in writing, speaking and presenting information
- Experience drafting and delivering executive-level presentations and communications
- Demonstrated project management and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence without positional power
- Keeps current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
- Strong organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail; accurate and thorough; comfortable with numbers
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan workflow and take initiative
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills; general computer literacy