Reporting to the President, the SVP of Human Resources & Organizational Development is a trusted member of the senior leadership team and is accountable for the planning, organizing and direction of the Human Resources Department and associated functions. Effectively partners with all facilities to execute HR strategies. Responsible for all Human Resources related policies and programs that effectively contribute to the selection, utilization, motivation and retention of the caliber of employees necessary for the continued success of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive – an excellent strategist who is able to lead a team through excellent execution as well. Serves as a change management leader, effectively preparing managers and leaders to drive change and shape organizational culture.
- Provides leadership and direction in the translation of business strategy into organizational initiatives and HR priorities.
- Experienced in designing and directing Merger and Acquisition execution encompassing talent assessment, compensation and benefits, organizational development, change management and communications.
- Ensures organizational structure and HR practices support the organization’s desired culture, business and acquisition goals.
- Ensures that policies, procedures, and employment practices support the needs of the workforce and the organization, and are in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Utilizes technology solutions in gaining operational efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of HR services.
- Develops the HR strategy and aligns it to support the overall business plan; continuously assesses monitors and evaluates HR contributions through the use of measure and metrics.
Responsibilities by Functional Area:
Workforce Planning & Recruitment
- Develops and structures the organization to grow and adapt to the projected growth of the organization.
- Partners with leadership and Practice Managers to develop and deliver effective recruitment and retention strategies to ensure the availability of a competent workforce.
- Ensures alignment between facility workforce needs and recruitment initiatives.
- Provides guidance and counsel in the effective selection and retention of staff.
- Participates in and supports the establishment of educational programs and partnerships to meet workforce needs.
- In alignment with organizational culture and business strategy, develops and implements systems/processes to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develops/implements training programs (technical, cultural, leadership) to address developmental needs.
- Ensures organizational capability through the identification of key competencies, individual and organizational development planning and succession planning.
Compensation & Benefits
- Responsible for the design and delivery of compensation and benefit programs that support the organization’s ability to attract, retain, and motivate the workforce.
- Fosters a positive employee relations culture.
- Facilitates the design and delivery of communication strategies and feedback processes.
- Develops programs which support employee input, participation, and recognition.
- Ensure employee satisfaction, safety, wellness, welfare, happiness and engagement.
- Promotes a culture of accountability and drives business results through the implementation of effective performance management systems, measures and rewards.
- Direct employee disciplinary policies and procedures; provide assistance to staff on disciplinary issues and action to be taken.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field and minimum of 10 years progressive job-related experience. Prior experience in a healthcare environment a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting and operations management as is typically acquired through a minimum of 3 – 5 years prior management experience.
- Master’s or Professional degree (SPHR, etc.) preferred.
- Job-related experience required in classification, compensation, employee benefits/wellness, and employee relations.
- Strong background in the areas of human resources management and team building.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of HR management principles, practices and standards, with the ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions to complex human resources issues.
- Strong generalist/business partnership background and current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices.
- Demonstrates leadership ability, communications, and interpersonal skills necessary to deal credibly and effectively with leadership, veterinarians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and patients/clients.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics combined with the professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization.