Within the Electronic Systems Sector’s Fort Wayne, Indiana site, this Human Resources position interfaces with all levels of management, as well as exempt, nonexempt, and hourly represented employees.
This position is located in a state of the art aerospace manufacturing facility with 950 employees in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The Fort Wayne facility operates 24 hours/7 days a week and the selected candidate will be expected to support all shifts as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
This Human Resources position will have responsibility for providing a broad range of HR partnership activities including employee and labor relations support to the local employees, unions, and management community as assigned. Assist in the roll-out and delivery of HR programs and initiatives to the site employees and management which may include Diversity & Inclusion, merit, training, awards, Employee Opinion Survey, reductions in force, etc.
Advise and assist on performance management, organizational development and change management, career development and counseling, employee and management assessment, policy implementation and interpretation, and champion company commitment to Affirmative Action and good faith efforts.
- Mitigate human capital related business risks by providing proactive and effective employee relations guidance and oversight.
- Collaborate and direct the support of the Centers of Excellence and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success.
- Lead union relations activities to achieve positive relationships and accomplishment of business objectives
- Act as a strategic partner with assigned customers through understanding desired business outcomes required at a tactical and strategic level.
- Advise and support management in the implementation and delivery of HR programs and the optimization of organizational effectiveness.
- Create a more competitive organization by driving to reduce the cost of HR service delivery.
- Support compliance activities.
- Partner with leadership on driving a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Help drive business success by reviewing and analyzing HR metrics to monitor performance and identify actionable trends.
- Support the integration of new business as required and conduct new manager assimilations.
- Work with leadership to develop an effective workforce plan/strategy and collaborate with talent acquisition to translate the requirements into an executable plan.
- Provide guidance and coaching to management in the delivery of compensation programs like annual salary planning, Incentive Compensation nominations, etc.
- Provide change management leadership as required and provide project management for assigned key HR projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and eight (8) years of experience as an HR Generalist or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment and managing the Company/Union relationship.
- Strong employee relations background including experience resolving federal and state employment concerns including EEO/AAP.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working within shared services HR delivery model.
- Project management capability.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft.
- MBA with a concentration in human resources management or related field.
- Certified by HRCI as PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM as SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP