Georgia-Pacific has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist to work in partnership with managers and employees supporting our Hattiesburg, Mississippi converting facility. The non-union facility has about 140 employees operating 24/7 rotating shifts.
The HR Generalist is expected to be a strategic business partner for mill leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the mill. This role will provide an opportunity to integrate all areas of mill human resources: employee relations, recruiting, compensation and labor strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously advance the company’s talent position through coaching, mentoring, analyzing, and strategizing as an important part of the site leadership team.
- Build credibility and trust with the workforce and leaders.
- Apply judgement based on knowledge and discernment.
- Influence others.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans. Utilize selection and performance management processes to select, coach and retain talent aligned with Market Based Management®.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Performance management.
- Workforce planning.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Interpreting policies and practices.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 1 year of human resources experience
- Three or more years of HR generalist or manager experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in human resources
- HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working with SAP, Kronos, and Taleo