We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join the Global Work Authorization Team as a Human Resource Specialist. This individual will regionally support all work authorization compliance operations, and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders (policy, legal, HRBPs, etc.) to execute against a multi-year roadmap for work authorization support across the region.
As an individual contributor, strong program management skills are critical to this role, as well as proven ability to leverage tools, processes, and mechanisms that support our work at scale. The individual will execute continuous improvement initiatives and compile reporting/metrics to manage the program and drive resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, will be innovative, an effective communicator, have a desire to participate in change, and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence.
The HR Specialist will be an integral part of the Global Work Authorization Team and will report to the Regional Program Manager, in Seattle. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, self-directed individual to gain valuable HR experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, globally scaling organization – and have fun doing it!
- Project/Program Management: Responsible for onboarding new work authorization processes/programs across the region. Ensuring standardizing processes regionally based on local plans, regulations, and requirements; aligning recommended processes towards scalable, sustainable technical solutions and automation when available; and facilitating approval from stakeholders. Responsible for supporting and planning for cyclical events and activities driven by business cycles (i.e., peak), compliance testing, or government reporting.
- Continuous Improvement: Own overall service quality at process level. Define and monitor work authorization administration quality and compliance metrics, perform root cause analysis on defects and implement remediation; own continuous improvement strategy.
- Customer Service: Manage employee escalations, exceptions, and appeals and provide advice and monitor resolution on full range of work authorization related topics.
- Partner and Audit Management: Liaise with internal teams performing work authorization processing services for Amazon. Initiate periodic audits and work closely with a local HR team, Service Delivery, HR Risk and Compliance, among others, ensuring that work authorization is delivered consistently, and in line with contract/legal requirements.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Able to travel, as appropriate
- Strong Excel experience, ability to create pivot tables, use lookup, and advanced formulas
- Proven employer-supported immigration experience
- Substantial experience of supporting global cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs
- Fluent English as working language;
- Rich knowledge of international employment laws
- The ability to “roll up your sleeves”, be solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously – orientated on results
- Proven ability to network across geographies in the organization to cultivate strong partnerships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Experience with Project/Program Management
- Fluency in a second (Asia-Pacific/European) language