BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security sector is seeking an experienced Director of Talent Acquisition and HR Operations to lead our talent acquisition strategy as well as the HR operations function for the organization. The successful candidate will drive our efforts to attract top talent; improve our candidate experience; and lead a team in delivering the people and resources to support successful execution of our business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Based in McLean, Virginia, this individual will oversee the Sector’s talent acquisition leadership team and the respective dedicated recruiters and sourcers, while also providing leadership to the HR Operations Manager and team in the successful delivery of the sector onboarding program, rewards and recognition programs and other essential HR programs. This individual will ensure that data and analytics are effectively leveraged in all aspects of the TA and HR generalist teams.
This is a strategic leadership role responsible for designing, leading and executing strategies and processes that deliver internal and external recruiting results to meet the Sector’s short-term and long-term business needs, both domestically and internationally and ensuring that the delivery of the services are integrated with the business. This role reports to the sector Vice President of Human Resources and interacts directly with the Sector’s senior leadership team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set and implement company-wide talent acquisition strategy, programs and initiatives for identifying, engaging, and hiring the best talent
- Provide leadership and oversight to the HR operations team in developing and deploying essential programs to ensure an engaging culture and positive employee experience
- Drive continuous improvement of the recruiting and HR operations functions in support of the organization’s efforts to attract and retain a diverse workforce
- Manage and improve our processes and programs to create a better candidate, recruiter and hiring manager experience
- Lead the design and deployment of critical talent programs to include the internal employee mobility program; LEAP intern program and military hiring and onboarding programs
- Partner with the internal communications team in the development and effective deployment of strategic recruitment marketing campaigns
- Embed the use of competitive intelligence, analytics and metrics to build a strategic approach to recruiting, sourcing, marketing, etc. and make data-informed decisions
- Ensure compliance obligations in hiring and selection standards are met (e.g. OFCCP and EEO).
- Manage and develop your team fostering a culture of inclusiveness and empowerment
- Budget management
- BA or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Skills and Education
- 12+ years of professional experience, with a minimum of 10 years in talent acquisition. For internal candidates, the minimum of 10 years of experience in talent acquisition can be met through a combination of TA and other BAE Systems HR experience
- Proven ability to lead complex projects with successful program/project management and process orientation
- Demonstrated ability to influence (with and without authority) across all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze key business drivers/metrics to develop and deliver solutions
- Experience leading results-oriented recruiting, sourcing and other project teams
- Data driven approach to assessing and managing the function
- Experience and applied knowledge of applicant tracking system, candidate management tools, and government employment regulations.
- Strategic thinker with hands-on style to deliver creative solutions to staff programs and new bids
- Strong collaborator, advocate and partner who can influence up and down the organization
- Excellent communicator
- For export requirements, successful candidate must be a “U.S. Person” which is defined as a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident (also known as a green card holder), a political refugee, or a person granted asylum in the U.S
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience leading recruitment efforts for security cleared talent
- HR Generalist experience
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance