Our mission is clear. We go deep to unlock insight and have the courage to act. We bring the right people together to challenge established thinking and drive transformation. We work with our clients to build the capabilities that enable organizations to achieve sustainable advantage. We are shaping the future. Together.
And we are looking for an HR champion to add to our team!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
Is your attention to detail so innate that you can find a needle in a haystack?
As a member of BCG’s HR team, we will lean on you to help us attract, develop, deploy, and retain the best talent in the market. We will work together to manage the life cycle of our BCGers and the day-to-day operations of HR. In this role, you will have the opportunity to display your exceptional customer service, problem-solving, and analytical skills!
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition, you will be a key leader within the Miami office as well as a member of the North America HR Team. You will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of tasks including employee relations, talent acquisition, onboarding, and departures. In addition, in this role, you will be responsible for coordinating incoming and outgoing transfers.
Does this interest you? Then we’d love to have you join our team!
- Working closely and partner with OL, Business Senior Manager, function Managers, and employees to address a variety of workplace and employee relations issues and topics; provide guidance and pursue solutions that balance individual, firm and functional needs
- Interpreting, implementing and answering inquiries related to HR policies and procedures, while ensuring consistency and reinforcing adherence as appropriate
- Working with internal legal team, when necessary, on employment issues
- Providing advice and counsel on best approaches and practices while generating options for achieving desirable results
- Providing general support to Miami employees regarding BCG’s benefits offerings
- Working with US Benefits team to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of benefits information to employees
- Engaging the US Benefits team to help address issues or questions
- Overseeing LOAs, workers compensation, STD, LTD and FMLA leave in accordance with BCG policies and US regulations
On-Boarding and Employee Departures
- Ensuring a smooth transition of new hires, deliver orientation and benefits training and coordinate/work with internal resources in on-boarding process
- Overseeing the preparation of offer letters, temporary contracts, including completing background check process; coordinate secondments in order to manage staffing needs; partner with staffing team and mobility services
- Coordinating US immigration process by working the with the regional US immigration team, global mobility team, legal counsel and expatriates to secure US employment authorization
- Overseeing all employee files including but not limited to, general employment documents, I-9s, US immigration, benefits, disability as well as EEO tracking and reporting for Miami
- Managing the full Career Transition Process including all related documentation and conduct thorough exit process
- Acting as the primary HR point of contact to incoming staff and BCG alumni
- Preparing recommendations for international transfer applications
- Acting as the main point of contact for the International and North American mobility teams and work together to coordinate complex transfers
- Interface with transfer candidates through interest calls and assignment briefings
- Processing all transfer applications through Mobility Marketplace
BST Talent Acquisition
- Working closely with hiring managers to identify BST staffing needs, define role descriptions, determine desired candidate skills, and set compensation
- Participating in the sourcing, interviewing and hiring process
- Partnering with the Business Senior Manager, OL, Partner team, BST Functional Leadership team and employees in all HR matters, understand business challenges and goals
- Developing trusting relationships with and act as a coach and mentor to BST managers
- Actively participate in the broader HR community including participating in regional initiatives and projects
- Performing other duties and work on other special projects or initiatives as necessary at the direction of the OL or Business Senior Manager
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of human resources management experience in a progressive HR department.
- Experience in a professional services organization is a plus
- Candidates must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, global, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment, keeping with BCG’s values and culture
- Understanding of BCG policies, practices, structure and how decisions are made
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate confidently, articulately and with precision. Able to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt a new point of view
- Maturity and seasoning that engenders respect and trust from others; good judgment, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- High integrity, tact, a positive attitude, and an ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Comfortable in resolving conflict and addressing all people related issues
- Proven analytical capabilities; a quick study; a bright executive with a can-do attitude, a creative solution seeker and a readiness to try new approaches; decisive, pragmatic, and reason-minded
- An active team player with strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Comfortable in both working in detail and understanding the big picture; able to consider the ramifications of decisions on various constituencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with all organizational levels inside and outside BCG through establishing positive and productive working relationships; able to generate trust of local/regional leadership
- Autonomous, able to tolerate ambiguity, self-motivated
- Able to proactively plan ahead and manage activities to ensure steady office support and engagement on a variety of topics
- Capacity to prioritize across multiple issues and to respond quickly with an appropriate sense of urgency