We have an opening for a Human Resources Manager to work in partnership with managers and employees at our Rocky Creek lumber facility in Monroeville, Alabama. Located approximately 1.5 hours from Mobile, Monroeville is only 30 minutes from Evergreen, AL. The Rocky Creek plant is non-union and employs approximately 110 people. The HR Manager is expected to be a strategic business partner for plant leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the plant. This role will provide an opportunity to integrate all areas of plant human resources: employee relations, recruiting, compensation and labor strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously advance the company’s talent position through coaching, mentoring, analyzing, and strategizing as an important part of the site leadership team.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans. Utilize selection and performance management processes to select, coach and retain talent aligned with Market Based Management®.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Interpreting policies and practices.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 1 year of experience in an HR Generalist or HR Manager role (including experience in the GP HR Associate program).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources.
- Previous HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience working with SAP, Kronos, and Taleo.