At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director and the Manager, Service to Members, the incumbent acts as a resource person for owners and branch managers for all HR matters. More specifically, the advisor provides advice on good HR management, including performance management, and shares best practices to ensure an appropriate workplace climate and good communication within the assigned banner branches.
Duties and Responsibilities
The advisor is responsible for developing HR programs, policies and tools, including training, and will be consulted regarding the delivery and development of these programs, policies and tools.
- Develop HR tools, policies and programs so that pharmacist owners can stay abreast of best practices.
- Act as an advisor and resource person for various HR activities and areas, including HR policy application and compliance.
- Help pharmacist owners or managers identify issues related to personnel management and advise them on the different solutions available. Follow up on the resolution of various HR management issues.
- Determine branch training needs, plan the training accordingly and deliver the training or find the right delivery method.
- Ensure service levels are respected and help foster open and constructive communication across all HR sectors.
- Continue to develop practical HR expertise to remain relevant as an advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, management or the equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of HR experience, preferably in an HR business partnership model or structure
Experience working with corporate client groups or a service to members
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (an asset)
- Adept at using office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft or other HR management software