The Executive Director, Human Resources will lead the Human Resources strategy for the brand and provide strategic counsel and consultative partnership to leaders to drive brand growth and evolution. This Human Resources Business Partner will enable the brand to tackle organizational challenges and build a talent-obsessed culture. The person in this role will be accountable for the execution of people strategies and alignment with ELC Global HR vision.
The Executive Director will balance being a brand advocate with being a champion of the Estee Lauder Companies Global Human Resources strategy. The person in this role will infuse business-driven perspective into broader people strategies and centers of excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a contributing member to the brand leadership team.
- Oversee and drive the global delivery and execution of HR programs and services consistently across brand, function, or geographic areas based on a deep understanding of the global business strategy, environment, and the people management implications.
- Identify global trends within the brand, function, or geography and validate issues for action within the HR service delivery model; participate in and influence the development of solutions within centers of excellence.
- Be connected to the organization to monitor and assess the level of HR impact, influence and partnership within the organization and work with key HR partners to ensure that there is alignment on delivery of quality HR services and outstanding performance of the HR organization.
- Partner with functional and business leaders to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives.
Talent Management and Organization Development:
- Leveraging ELC HR strategies and practices, analyze and define Global talent needs, attract great talent and build retention strategies to retain same.
- Drive talent planning for the brand so that at all times, the brand and ELC have a clear picture of current capability and inventory of viable talent.
- Build relationships and court key internal and external talent to engage the bench for key leadership roles.
- Drive the alignment of corporate and commercial organization structures, and practices.
- Collaborate with key commercial and field partners to build and execute a talent plan and organization development approach for the field organization.
- Incorporate a people development mindset into the leadership philosophy of the brand and lead the execution of actions plans to engage and develop talent.
- Maximize team performance through coaching leaders to enable them to provide feedback and development to their teams.
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching and development to own team to develop world class HR capability within the organization.
- Provide strategic coaching to key employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
Culture Development and Team Engagement:
- Partner with functional and business leaders to evolve and embed an organizational culture that engages the organization at large but especially creative talent; develop and lead change plans that engage leaders and employees.
- Engage and influence senior business managers and provide strategic advice on people issues and HR needs.
- Lead global business counterparts through large scale people and/or change management initiatives, including business transformations, organization design/evolution/development, restructuring, etc.
- Lead direct and indirect reports to drive delivery of HR strategy and practices within the brand; challenge team to courageously partner, influence and challenge the status quo to elevate leadership and HR practices.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of senior level human resources business experience, with at least five years of direct partnership with a business to drive measurable results. Demonstrated strong business acumen, operational skills, and successful partnership with line operations. Significant leadership presence and leadership courage are required in this highly visible role.
Deep generalist and HR business partner experience is critical for success, with exposure to all core functions within the discipline and with increasing scope. Significant transformation and change management work is required. Skilled in navigating highly complex organizations and has the ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity, and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce. Excellent collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational, and change agent skills. Experience in a global environment is critical. Any global and multi-country responsibility with extensive travel and cultural sensitivity is ideal.
Minimum Education level: Bachelor’s Degree