Responsible for delivering high quality HR service across select Corporate Functions. Understands HR, Corporate Function and Enterprise strategies and helps ensure alignment through HR activities. Areas of responsibility include employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, career development, compensation, compliance, benefits and employee programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Work: 40%
- Aligned to the needs of the Corporate Functions. Examples include org design, process reengineering, talent movement/succession planning, capability building and change management.
- Partner with senior HRBP and contribute to work process changes and change management associated with org design/redesign initiatives.
- Understand the business. Uses knowledge of the business and roles within the functions to make recommendations for improvement, within and across functions, brands and geographies.
Business Partner: 40%
- Know members of the team well and have opinions and ideas on how to proactively develop internal talent, move people to new roles, have opinions on how to support top performers.
- Act as a trusted partner who is also an employee advocate.
- Provide exceptional employee relations support. Conduct investigations when necessary and provide documentation and recommendations for internal review with management and legal partners. Facilitate effective communication to assigned managers and employees on Company policies, practices and initiatives.
- Work with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to fill open positions, onboard new hires and build strong internal and external pipelines. Participate in the Talent Review and Talent Council processes to identify succession plans and develop action plans to address gaps. Partner with managers on successful career coaching in order to drive high performance.
- Own annual Performance Management cycle (PDP) including roll out, training, ratings distribution and process improvements.
- Manage salary planning and processes throughout the year and at year-end for merit, bonus and equity processes.
- Foster a culture that values diversity and inclusion and that demonstrates fair and consistent management practices. Champion employee engagement activities to create a great working environment.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs/processes and recommend improvements and solutions. Own reporting and data analysis, including data quality, for Corporate Functions.
HR Operational Work: 20%
- Work collaboratively with Employee Services to maintain in-depth understanding of HR systems, processes, policies and practices. Align and educate peers, direct reports and managers to ensure compliance.
- Leverage knowledge of and experience with HR systems to use data to support process, procedure and program changes as activities are improved/transformed.
- Participate and contribute to Employee Services activities as needed.
- Experience in a support role in Human Resources with HR background and expertise in Employee Relations.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Requires a pro-active individual with ability to execute with excellence and work independently.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory factors including relevant employment laws is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead incident investigations and provide necessary documentation and manage communication with employees, managers and internal stakeholders.
- High attention to detail. General analytic and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ad hoc travel may be required
- Minimum Education level:Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum Years of Experience:5 years