The Executive Director, HRBP will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources and provide strategic counsel and consultative partnership to leaders that will enable the business units to tackle organizational challenges and build a talent-obsessed culture. The role will be accountable for the execution of people strategies and operational requirements in alignment with ELC Global HR vision and HR service delivery model.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HRBP will effectively plan, organize, direct and provide leadership for all people-related matters and infuse a business-driven perspective into broader people strategies. The HRBP’s specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Play a leadership role in establishing the formation of a high performing HR team that will be dedicated to the US Affiliate shaping the roles, structure and alignment to the business.
- Oversee and drive the delivery and execution of HR programs and services consistently across the branded and regional teams based on a deep understanding of the NA Region’s business strategy, environment, and the people management implications.
- Proactively validate issues for action; participate in and influence the development of solutions within the business.
- Be connected to the organization to monitor and assess the level of HR impact, influence and partnership within the organization and work with key HR partners to ensure that there is alignment on delivery of quality HR services and outstanding performance of the HR organization.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives.
Talent Management and Organization Effectiveness:
- Leveraging ELC HR strategies and practices, analyze and pro-actively define talent needs, attract great talent targeting key capabilities and build retention strategies.
- Drive talent planning for the Affiliate (office) and have a clear picture of current capability and inventory of viable talent.
- Build relationships with key internal and external talent to engage the bench for key leadership roles.
- Collaborate with business leaders on organizational effectiveness across people, processes and technology to enable the delivery of strategic goals and to optimize efficiencies and effectiveness and be a champion of change in supporting organizational evolution.
- Incorporate a people development mindset into the leadership philosophy of the brand and lead the execution of actions plans to engage and develop talent.
- Maximize team performance through coaching leaders to enable them to provide feedback and development to their teams.
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching and development to own team to develop world class HR capability within the organization.
- Provide strategic coaching to key employees as related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management.
Culture Development and Team Engagement:
- Partner with business leaders to evolve and embed the organizational culture driven by the Regional President and develop and lead change plans that engage leaders and employees.
- Foster a culture that recognizes and celebrates our talent.
Behavioral / Profile Characteristics
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of senior level human resources business experience, with at least five years of direct partnership with a business to drive measurable results.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, operational skills, and successful partnership with all components of the HR service delivery model and line operations
- High degree of learning agility
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, project management, organizational, and change agent skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the HR strategic agenda using knowledge of the organization and its employees.
- Credible HR and business leader in the organization who can distill information to the senior team and other relevant business partners.
- Strong grasp of details and the ability to anticipate issues before they materialize.
- Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity, and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce.
- Possesses an action-oriented management style. Plans and implements projects and makes decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Deep generalist and HR business partner experience is critical for success, with exposure to all core functions within the discipline and with increasing scope. Significant transformation and change management work is required.
- Skilled in navigating highly complex, matrixed organizations
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to influence and drive business objectives while maintaining standards of “high touch”
- Employee and/or labor relations experience; knowledge of legal and regulatory factors including relevant employment laws
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests in a timely manner
- General analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, consulting & listening skills; skilled facilitator with sound judgment and diplomacy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & confidential information
- Maintains an awareness of industry best practice