BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is currently seeking a HR Business Partner to support Employee Relations with a strong emphasis in Labor Relations for the Norfolk Ship Repair business area located in Norfolk, Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Implements Human Resources policies as a generalist, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues. Responsible for and/or serves as a HR liaison for most of the following areas: Labor Relations, Employee Relations, talent management, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
- Conduct internal ER investigations by assembling facts and general information.
- Finalize investigations and maintain associated paperwork.
- Write investigation summaries and report results to HR Manager.
- Support the mitigation of human capital related business risks and support compliance activities.
- Provide proactive employee relations and labor relations support and partner with assigned managers to create a culture that supports business growth or business rightsizing.
- Partner with union leadership and oversee functions associated with Labor Relations on site.
- Promote business activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Partner with leadership to educate and provide support with enforcing policies/procedures.
- Act as a change agent for key HR and business changes.
- Miscellaneous projects requested by Human Resources Manager and other duties as may be assigned by the Human Resource Manager and Labor Relations Manager.
- Responsible to drive ethical and respectful behavior and instill a culture of Safety, Health & Environmental best practices throughout the organization.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 2+ years Human Resource Department experience as a Human Resource Business Partner
- Experience in Labor Relations or a degree in Labor Relations
- Understanding of Federal employment laws
- Demonstrates knowledge of managing internal investigations
- Grievance Research experience
- Able to present in front of a group of employees
- Proficient with Microsoft Software
- Ability to handle high volume of HR transactions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Preferred Skills and Education: Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations or Human Resource Management