We have an opening for a Human Resources Manager to work in partnership with supervisors and employees at our Alabama River Cellulose mill in Perdue Hill, Alabama. Located about 80 miles from Mobile, Alabama, the Alabama River Cellulose mill employs approximately 500 people and is non-union. The HR Manager is expected to be a strategic business partner for mill leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the mill. This role will provide an opportunity to integrate all areas of mill human resources: employee relations, recruiting, compensation and labor strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously advance the company’s talent position through coaching, mentoring, analyzing, and strategizing as an important part of the site leadership team.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans.
- Utilize selection and performance management processes to select, coach and retain talent aligned with Market Based Management®.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Interpreting policies and practices.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of HR generalist/manager experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources.
- HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience working with SAP, Kronos, and Taleo.