Manages human resources, employee relations and labor relations at a single plant (large) location. Responsible for several areas of human resources such as safety, recruiting, labor relations, training, EEO/AAP, benefits, employee relations, compensation and continuous improvement. Assists top management in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of talent and HR activities. Involves effective administration of existing programs in accordance with policies and procedures including EEO compliance. 7+ years related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direction and counsel regarding human resources aspects of plant operations,
- Manages employee relations through issue resolution phase.
- Leads talent management, succession planning, organizational development and organizational effectiveness processes initiatives.
- Handles all phases of the staffing process including requisition, recruitment, interview and selection.
- Leads in the development, implementation and auditing of policies and procedures.
- Analyzes training and development needs. Leads the development and administration of training programs.
- Manages regulatory compliance efforts.
- Leads culture in assessment processes and provides direction on development and implementation of action plans.
- Leads year-end processes including performance management and salary planning.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related degree required
- PHR/SHRM-CP or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment with 500+ employees
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with ERISA, EEOC and DOL regulations, employment sourcing, communications, human relations, and management skills
- Demonstrated experience with benefits and compensation administration, market pricing, labor law, and organizational development
- Demonstrated experience managing projects
- Ability to utilize influence management skills to accomplish goals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday or other HRIS
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships.