We are looking for candidates who have the aptitude to understand our complex data, and be detailed and accurate from start to finish in developing programs and completing projects. The successful candidate will proactively partner with client-facing HR Business Partners and HR Management along with Business leadership to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Amazon’s Total Compensation Philosophy and Strategy to the clients supported. This position is expected to represent the client’s point-of-view in key corporate compensation initiatives and the corporate point-of-view with client groups.
· Work with Compensation Manager/Consultants on a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, implementation of new programs, and stock reload.
· Provide regional compensation leadership across the country
· Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives and future programs.
· Partner with regional and global compensation partners on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects as needed.
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation.
· Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
· Document processes and build compensation playbooks.
· Partner with the business to develop variable incentive compensation programs, as needed.
· Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
· Work with HRIS to ensure that PeopleSoft, MarketPay, and other corporate system to meet compensation needs and is updated to reflect programmatic changes.
The position may also be responsible for supporting the strategy, design, policies, guidelines, and operationalization of a key concept critical to the foundation of a specific compensation program. Works to gain alignment with different constituencies and represents a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required.
· General compensation knowledge required with experience enhancing and/or implementing compensation systems and reporting tools.
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in finance, compensation, or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices.
· Strong problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
· Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, doing and auditing work.
· Highly proficient in Excel and Excel Macros; familiar with Peoplesoft.
· SQL, Power BI, Power Pivot and Tableau experience a plus.
Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy
· Ability to work independently, take on responsibility, and be nimble in a fast-paced, change-oriented and ambiguous environment.
· Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data. Ability to connect disparate data sources and operationalize tasks.
· The ideal candidate will be well organized and confident to work independently but will be a strong team player. Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization.
· Comfortable with large data sets.
· Working knowledge of relational databases and data structures preferred