We have an opening for a Human Resources Generalist to work in partnership with managers and employees at our facility located in Toledo, Oregon. Toledo is located approximately one hour west of Corvallis near Newport, just seven miles inland from the Central Oregon Coast. Toledo is a union facility which employs approximately 400 people. The HR Generalist will work in partnership with HR and plant leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the plant. This role provides opportunities to integrate all areas of plant human resources: employee relations, recruiting, development, compensation, and labor strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Involvement in day-to-day human resources activities such as absentee / turnover control, internal job posting/selection, entry level staffing, new hire orientations, leave administration, etc.
- Continuously advance the company’s talent position through coaching, mentoring, analyzing, and strategizing as an important part of the site leadership team.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company.
- Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans. Utilize selection and performance management processes to select, coach and retain talent aligned with Market Based Management®.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management®.
- Contract interpretation and grievance process management.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Interpreting policies and practices.
- Investigating questions and/or complaints; resolving employee relations issues and using each complaint/issue as opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation in HR functions and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 1 year of experience in an HR Generalist role (including experience in the GP HR Associate program).
- Experience in a union environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Resources.
- HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Experience working with SAP, Kronos, and Taleo.