In this role, you will be assigned customer group(s) and will be responsible for their overall program success.
To be successful, you must have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to understand and communicate technical knowledge. You must be great at building relationships and understanding your customers needs, comfortable with presenting recommendations to senior leaders, dealing with ambiguous situations, and managing competing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
For each new move, you will:
- partner with the business to understand their objectives
- meet with the employee to understand his/her individual facts and circumstances, needs and priorities
- review alternatives and implications to corporate tax, payroll tax, immigration, labor law, etc.
- create tax cost estimates and analyze economics,
- prepare alternatives and present to the business your recommendation,
- partner with the business to design the final solution and create a letter of assignment,
- meet with Mobility Coordinator to effectively hand off the relocation phase.
On a program level, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering program reviews (reporting/analytics)
- Benchmarking and recommending policy/program changes (guidelines, selection and repatriation processes, etc.)
- Developing and delivering education and tools
- Presenting monthly program updates to leadership
- Bringing escalated issues to resolution
- Researching, vetting and implementing team improvements
- Partnering with our internal team of coordinators, compensation and tax professionals to connect them to your customers’ needs, expectations and challenges and to collaborate together on innovative solutions
- 7+ years progressive experience as a Global Mobility Consultant, HR Business Partner, a role in International Business, or similar experience
- Must be able to travel 10-25%, occasional international travel
- Experience with MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- GMS/CRP and/or SHRM certifications a plus
- Relocation Management Company experience
- Mandarin, Japanese, French, German, or Spanish language skills
- Work experience in a complex multi-national corporation
- International human resource or immigration experience