Consultants will work on project teams with more seasoned practitioners and sales colleagues to a range of consulting services that meet and exceed client expectations.
This is the core delivery level for consultants who have developed an understanding of and experience in applying standard tools and approaches to defined problems.
Individuals will typically work as part of a team in support of a client and manage themselves and their own contribution to ensure fit. Will receive general direction with work being reviewed at project end.
Duties and Responsibilities
With organizational strategy a key focus in Korn Ferry’s growth plans we are individuals with experience and interest in helping executives drive transformational change and business performance by aligning their organization with their business strategy. More specifically, individuals with experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Board and Top Team performance
- Operating model and organizational design
- Strategic workforce planning
- Cultural transformation, including D&I strategy
- People strategy
- HR effectiveness
- Employee value proposition
- Change management
As a Consultant in the Organizational Strategy Team you will be part of a board range of transformation engagements, supporting several of the activities and outcomes listed below:
- Supporting the “translation” of strategic direction onto organizational construct and organizational capabilities
- Designing and rolling out organizational heath checks and diagnostics
- Understanding the links between leadership, structure, talent and culture.
- Creating business cases that describe the drivers and case for change, the change timeline and impact as well as the specific benefits to be realized via change
- Highlighting areas of change identified by the program team e.g. new processes, new roles, and organization structure changes, and ensures that appropriate actions are undertaken to manage the impact of such areas (change impact assessment)
- Developing detailed change management plans including communications, risk mitigation, organizational alignment, stakeholder management, organization design, behavior change, change agents, education, training and measurement
- Engaging key stakeholders in the business to ensure that there is a clear and consistent understanding of the objectives and outcomes of the project
- Working with and coaching leaders in our clients to implement transformation
- Typically a relevant first (Bachelor’s) degree with several years’ (3+) relevant work experience, preferably in professional services or internal human resources provision.
- Has developed a ‘major’ area of knowledge and is able to work independently to apply all core/standard methods and tools within that defined discipline to address client needs.
- Is able to identify the steps required in a routine project and understands the interrelationship of different streams of work in a larger project. Can execute standard protocols and is able to customize the approach when appropriate with input and approval from subject matter experts in the firm.
- Capable of drafting full project deliverables for review by a lead consultant.
- Developing an understanding of a wide variety of organizations, jobs and people.
- Has developed and maintains a general knowledge of clients and industries to understand the basic drivers of business effectiveness and typical business models.
- Candidate must have organization strategy or change management experience within a consulting environment
Korn Ferry offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.