BAE Systems Platforms and Services has an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner to support the Combat Vehicles Business Unit site in York, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate implements Human Resources policies as a generalist, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives, and resolves HR issues. Responsible for and/or serves as a HR liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
- Provide proactive & reactive employee relations, manager coaching, and partner with assigned managers to create a culture that supports business growth or business right sizing.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success.
- Partner with assigned managers to identify top talent and succession candidates and provide support to the Management Readiness Review planning process at the business unit level.
- Support business activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Work with management to develop an effective workforce plan/strategy and collaborate with talent acquisition to translate the requirements into an executable plan.
- Act as a change agent for key HR and business changes and provide project management for assigned key HR projects.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree plus 2 years of Human Resources experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- SHRM certified