Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is seeking qualified professionals for the Technical Training and Development Specialist opportunity for the Port Hudson paper, tissue and towel manufacturing operation located in Zachary, LA – Baton Rouge area. The Technical Training and Development Specialist at Port Hudson will partner with the area leadership team to advance the capability of all employees in that area. This individual will be responsible for implementing and executing a capability development process which yields positive performance results in safety, quality and production. This Specialist will be a member of the Employee Skills Improvement (ESI) team interacting with Technical Training and Development Specialists and Subject Matter Experts to develop curriculum and facilitate performance development.
This role is similar to what other companies may also be called: Training Specialist, Talent Development Specialist, Technical Writer, Instructional Designer, Learning and Performance Consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and model MBM® (Market Based Management) Guiding Principles as related to Learning and Capability Development
- Lead and foster a safety culture
- Collaborate with leaders and subject matter experts to identify knowledge and skill gaps.
- Develop skill building resources that align to individual roles, responsibilities and expectations
- Management of Convergence LMS (Learning Management System)
- Active involvement in the individual development planning process within the operating area
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3 or more years of instructional design, adult learning, training or technical documentation experience within an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts and Leaders to develop resources that align with adult learning principles.
- Experience with properly drafting and documenting a formal process and outline requirements in an easy to learn format
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Adult Learning, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology
- Experience working with SharePoint, Articulate Storyline, Learning Management Systems, Video / Mobile learning.
- Experience within a pulp and paper mill environment.